Dan Booth Law’s years of experience inside the media and entertainment industry provides a bedrock for our sophisticated counsel and strategic, forward-thinking representation. We serve a wide range of people and businesses in creative communities, including authors, playwrights, book publishers, and academic journals; journalists, bloggers, newspapers, magazines, and online news services; film and television writers, producers, actors, and directors; photographers and video artists; musicians, composers, record labels, and music streaming services; fashion designers, graphic designers, visual artists and auction houses; advertisers and advertising agencies; nonprofits, research and development ventures, and more. In tactical litigation, we have won landmark victories on copyright, trademark, and First Amendment issues, serving our clients’ interests while setting a course for the industry of the future.
Representative cases include:
- Mullane v. Zurich Am. Ins. Co. and A Medium Corp., No. 18-cv-12412 (D. Mass. May 21, 2019)
- Dr. Seuss Enterprises, LP v. ComicMix LLC, 372 F. Supp. 3d 1101 (S.D. Cal. 2019)
- Hendricks & Lewis PLLC v. Clinton, No. C12-0841RSL (W.D. Wash. May 18, 2017)
- Small Justice LLC v. Xcentric Ventures LLC, 99 F. Supp. 3d 190 (D. Mass. 2015), 873 F.3d 313 (1st Cir. 2017)
- Universal Music Publishing Group v. Loprete (2013)